Student Line Up Info
A ticket is required.
- Where: Line up at The Los Angeles Tennis Center (LATC). Enter via Gate B, across from Drake Stadium.
- When: Saturday, June 13th
- Time: TBD
DAY OF COMMENCEMENT CHECKLIST FOR ENGINEERING DEGREE CANDIDATES
- ARRIVAL TIME and WHERE: Please arrive to the student line up at least one hour prior to the start of the ceremony; this means TBD. Location is LATC, Enter at GATE B (off of Bruin Walk, across Drake Stadium). Look for signage designating B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees and your department. Staff will be there to assist you.
- STUDENT TICKET (REQUIRED): Make sure you have your student ticket for the entrance to the student line-up.
- CAP AND GOWN (REQUIRED): Make sure you are dressed in your cap and gown.
- ID (REQUIRED): Make sure you bring your UCLA BRUIN CARD OR Government Issued Photo ID for check-in.
- NAME CARD/PHOTO CARD: Pick-up the name card/photo card (it is ONE card, complete both sides!) This is the card that will be read as you cross the stage!! Fill out both sides. You are not obligated to purchase photos, but you must have both sides completed to better track your photo and position in line.
You can stop by 6426 BH from now until TBD.
Not on campus? No worries! We will have extra cards on the day of commencement for you.
Print your name and write a phonetic spelling of your name; tip: Have a stranger read it, did they pronounce your name correctly?
- Bring your SMILE! Photographs will be taken as you cross the stage, and leave the stage! Congratulations!
- NOT ALLOWED – No alcohol, backpacks, bags or umbrellas are allowed. Please read below for more details about what you can bring and especially about UCLA Campus Safety and Security and Pauley Pavilion Security Enhancements and their clear bag policy enforcement. Pauley Ushers, Security, and Staff will be on alert.
WHAT ITEMS CAN A STUDENT PARTICIPATING BRING TO THE CEREMONY?
Graduates and candidates are welcome to bring a small camera; however, keep in mind No bags, back packs or umbrellas will be allowed.
We will have security and ushers at the line up.
Please also review the UCLA campus Safety and Security guidelines and Pauley Pavilion’s enforcement of the clear bag policy for your families and guests.We want everyone to have fun and be safe. All graduates are expected to demonstrate True Bruin values before, during and after the ceremony. At this event, graduates must abide by the UCLA Student Conduct Code. (Pending cases over the summer may impact closure of accounts and receipt of the diploma.)
Commencement is filled with excitement and tradition. It is a special time for you to share your achievements with your family and friends and with University faculty and administrators. So that all present may safely enjoy and fondly remember your Commencement, we ask that no alcoholic or carbonated beverages, bottles/ cans/coolers of any kind, balloons/inflatable items (i.e. beach balls), spray cans or any item to be thrown/tossed or that may distract from the ceremony, be brought to the venue. Staff has been advised to remove such items from you. In order to ensure your safety and the safety of others, any individual whose behavior becomes potentially harmful or interferes with the Ceremony may be required to leave the Ceremony. Pauley Ushers, Security, and Staff will be on alert.
Enjoy your special day, and congratulations on your accomplishment!
- Follow the directions of staff workers and the Student Marshals. The Student Marshals will be wearing yellow and blue gold cords and they will be leading the processional into the venue and lead you to your seating area.
- You will find a card on your seat instructing you when and how to approach the stage. Please read it when you get there and follow instructions and the lead of the Student Marshals
- At the Conclusion of the Ceremony, there will be a PHOTO OPPORTUNITY (time for degree recipients, faculty, family & friends to meet at one location and take photographs ) at the Intramural Field.
We advise you wear comfortable shoes. Light refreshments will be served.