Updated Summer 2017, 07-05-17
Change of Major/Minor Into or Within the Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science (HSSEAS)
(subject to change without notice)
Please note new application period and process for change of major submissions.
- To best understand the requirements for engineering majors and the competitiveness of the change of major process, become familiar with the HSSEAS requirements. Requirements that can be found in the HSSEAS Announcement or at HSSEAS Undergraduate Curricular Requirements and Department Information. The Announcement is also available in booklet form, free of charge, in 6426 Boelter Hall.
- Change of major workshops are scheduled throughout the quarter. You can sign up online here.
- Assessment Tools offered through UCLA to help students with their major choices
1) UCLA Career Center FOCUS 2 Create an account (NOTE: You must provide an Access Code, which is located on your BruinView™ homepage) Or…Log in to your existing account
Want to take a Career Assessment to gain clarity on your career direction? FOCUS 2 is here for you!
Are you trying to figure out what occupations or majors are a good fit for you? FOCUS 2 can help! With 5 research based assessments to identify your work interests, personality, skills, values, and leisure interests; FOCUS 2 generates a list of occupations that match your assessment results. FOCUS 2 also makes connections between UCLA majors and occupations. So sit back and relax in the comfort of your own home and build your career plan today.
2) UCLA MyMajors
After completing this assessment, you will receive a list of your best-fit majors at UCLA.
- After reading the information on this website, if you have questions, please direct inquiries to an Academic Counselor at 6426 Boelter Hall.
- Application period: Weeks 1&2 of every quarter
- Submit Application Materials
- Notification and Processing
- Frequently Asked Questions by College of Letters and Science student who are interested in changing majors into HSSEAS.
Note: Meeting the minimum criteria does not guarantee approval.
|Summer Sessions: July 3rd through July 14th, 2017.
||Winter Quarter: January 8th through Jan 19th, 2018.|
|Fall Quarter: October 2nd through October 13th, 2017.||Spring Quarter: April 2nd through April 13th, 2018.|
Applications are accepted in weeks 1&2 of each quarter. They will be reviewed in the quarter in which they are submitted based on the previous quarter’s grades. Submit the paperwork with this in mind. If you want to change your major in Spring, submit the forms during the application period in Spring quarter.
1. Complete the CCLE survey at https://ccle.ucla.edu/mod/questionnaire/view.php?id=1196162
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you get a notification saying that you’re not eligible to take the
|2. Complete the Undergraduate Program Change Petition. Be sure to complete both pages of the editable PDF (not the “office use only” section), and name it using your 9-digit UCLA ID (e.g. 123456789.pdf).|
|3. Submit petition to Message Center CoM queue. (queue will only be active during submission period) Please state major applying to in subject line of message.
In most cases, by approximately the end of week four you will be sent a message or email as to the change of major decision. Some decisions may be delayed if there are a high volume of petitions and/or additional time is needed to thoroughly review each case.
Meanwhile: What about enrolling for the next quarter?