https://www.seasoasa.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/seasoasa/SDC-Form_03_16_2016_Updated.pdfFrequently Asked Questions for Degree Candidates
Frequently Asked Questions for
- Academic Residence – What is the academic residence requirement?
- Commencement- Where do I find the info?
- Commencement- Who is eligible to participate in HSSEAS Commencement?
- Credit issue – there appears to be a
- Declare Degree Expected Term – How do I declare it?
- Degree Audit – I have not received my degree audit, what should I do?https://registrar.ucla.edu/Portals/50/forms/earlycert.pdf
- Degree Audit – Important Information if you received your Degree Audit.
- Degree Expected Term -What is this?
- Degree Verification – What are my options?
- Diplomas – How and when can I get mine?
- Fee Reduction – If I file a Fee Reduction do I have to pay fees?
- Fee Reduction – What is a Fee Reduction?
- Grade Point Average (GPA) – What is the minimum GPA to complete my degree?
- Latin Honors Eligibility – What is the minimum GPA?
- Statement of Degree Candidacy Form – What is the process in filing a HSSEAS Degree Candidacy Form?
Of the last 48 units completed for the B.S. degree, 36 must be earned in residence in HSSEAS on this campus. No more than 16 of the 36 units may be
completed in Summer Sessions at UCLA.
Students that participate in the UCLA EAP program must be aware that UCLA does not include units taken through UCLA EAP as in residence. If you
exceed the residency unit amount while at UCLA EAP, a university petition, for review and consideration, must be filed at 6426BH prior to studying abroad.
Commencement – Where do I find the info? And who is eligible to participate?
If the credit issue is with your DARS web audit then please refer to the DARS
Credit Issue with my Degree Audit (pdf emailed to you)
-Your full name
-Your degree expected term
-A brief description of the issue
Deadline for declaration or change of bachelor’s degree candidacy on myUCLA is BEFORE 172 units for Engineering students. After 172 units there
is a Registrar feehttp://registrar.ucla.edu/Fees-Residence/Degree-and-Diploma-Feeshttp://registrar.ucla.edu/Fees-Residence/Degree-and-Diploma-Fees
You may declare or change your degree expected term on myUCLA until second week of the quarter prior to your degree expected term. After second week of the term prior to your degree expected term, you must declare your degree expected term in person at 1113 Murphy Hall or complete and mail the Declaration of Degree Candidacy form.
You must filed a Statement of Degree Candidacy form (SDC) and wait approximately 15-20 business days. Then you will receive an audit of your requirements to the email address you wrote on your SDC. Only if it has been more than 20 business days since you filed your SDC (allow an additional three weeks if you mailed the form) and you still have not received your audit, please send one email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include this info:
-Your full name
-Your degree expected term
Degree Candidates are advised to review their transcripts before degree completion and immediately upon posting of final term grades. You must
immediately notify your HSSEAS Degree Auditor of any failed, non-passing, incomplete or “DR” grades OR of any changes to your academic record. Your degree will be awarded upon successful completion of final coursework. On degree conferral, the undergraduate record is closed. Students may not graduate in one term and then retroactively add majors, minors, or specializations or complete course work or add/drop courses, and so forth.
Certificate of Completion
If you need degree verification before transcripts are available, then you may submit an Early Certificate of Completion Request ONLY after you have
completed the degree audit process and verified through myUCLA that final grades are available.
FEES: The first certificate of completion is free of charge. A $15.00 fee is
charged to your BruinBill account for each additional copy.
Read the instructions on the PDF form first before submitting an Early Certificate of
See the section below about Transcripts.
See the entry below about Diplomas.
Diplomas are available approximately three to four months after your degree award date. You will find info about ordering your diploma and diploma FAQs here.
To check the status of your diploma, you may call the diploma hotline at 310-825-8883.
You are required to pay your full fees by the University’s deadlines. If your Fee Reduction Request is approved, then you will receive a fee refund of one-half of the Tuition and one-half of the Nonresident Supplemental Tuition fee for nonresidents.
More information on Fee Reductions can be found here.
The required minimum grade-point average is 2.000 for all course work completed (Cumulative GPA), all upper division course work used for the major (Major Field Upper Division GPA), and all required upper division course work (Upper Division GPA) completed at any UC campus.
A list of Latin Honors Eligibility can be found here.
More information for filing a degree candidacy form can be found here.
You can find information about ordering transcripts here.
Warning: Before you enroll in coursework at another institution you must first:
1) Email the Degree Auditor at email@example.com with an update of your plans
2) Follow all the instructions at the Course Equivalence site here to make sure that you will receive credit for
your planned course.
3) When you complete transfer coursework, send your transcripts as soon as they become available to:
Attn: HSSEAS Degree Auditors
UCLA HSSEAS OASA
6426 Boelter Hall
405 Hilgard Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1601
4) Then check for any new credit to post to your DPR AND email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you see any new credit appear on your