One easy Application for consideration for multiple awards!
Both Merit & Need based scholarships!
Awards available for all Engineering majors and all undergraduate levels!
New students, continuing students, international students, and domestic students are all welcome to apply!
Application is in Fall Quarter; Awards will pay out that same year in Winter and/or Spring.
Please review the Scholarship FAQ thoroughly for application details such as supplemental document formatting, eligibility, etc.
These scholarships are administered by the Samueli Office of Academic and Student Affairs (OASA), which is located at 6426 Boelter Hall. Unless otherwise stated, minimum requirements for scholarships are a 3.0 GPA, Extra-Curricular activities and Leadership considered, Financial need considered.
- Application opens early Fall Quarter with a hard deadline set for the Monday of Week 5.
- Applications are reviewed by Samueli Alumni in November and the selections are made in December and January
- Recipients will be notified by the end of February and award monies dispersed over winter and spring quarters.
- If selected, students will be required to complete a follow-up Donor Questionnaire, write a thank you note to the Donor, and participate in the Scholarship Brunch in April. Details will be provided by External Affairs, post Selection.
The 2018-19 Engineering Scholarship Application will open October 1st, 2018 and closes October 29th, 2018
- Application must be completed by 5:00pm on Monday October 29th, 2018
- Please review the Scholarship FAQbefore you apply!! It will assist you in understanding what is generally required in the application (note that this information is subject to change without notice).
- Additionally, we encourage all students to apply for Scholarships from Outside Agencies (see link below). Please be sure to take advantage of the resources available through the Scholarship Resource Center to help ensure your applications are as strong as possible. In addition, top students (high cumulative GPA) should consider the National Scholarship opportunities (link also available to the left).
RESOURCES & INFORMATION
SCHOLARSHIP WRITING WORKSHOP
The Scholarship Resource Center (SRC) will host a SCHOLARSHIP WRITING WORKSHOP specifically for Engineering students applying for these scholarships in Fall 2018 for the next application cycle.
This workshop is especially useful if you have never attended or would like to get into the right mindset to update your application from the previous year.
RSVP (required) will open in Fall 2018
The information is presented by the Scholarship Resource Center. If you can’t make it to the workshop, but want to take advantage of their tips and tricks, make an appointment now no matter what stage of the writing you are. Haven’t started, they can help you brainstorm. Have a draft? They provide one on one consultations and will go over how to strengthen your draft with you.
Please note that week 5 & 6 are very busy at the SRC, so stopping by or making an appointment for week 3 & 4 is advised: http://scholarshipcenter.ucla.edu/ With roughly 500 applications for only 100ish awards, a strong essay is extremely important. They can assist with ANY scholarship application, not just Engineering ones
2017-18 Scholarship Notifications
You should have been notified regardless if you were selected or not selected for an award this year. If you did not receive any notification, this email came from email@example.com. Check your spam/junk folders.
Read your letters carefully. They include all the information that you need. If you have been contacted regarding further paperwork, please fill out ASAP. All awards are pending clearance from the Financial Aid Office.
Once you see the award on your eFAN, please direct questions about the disbursement details to FinancialAid. Thank you!
Scholarships listed and awarded in past years
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2017-2018 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2016-2017 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2015-2016 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2014-2015 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2013-2014 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2012-2013 application
OTHER UC/UCLA SCHOLARSHIP RESOURCES
Looking for scholarship information can be a tedious endeavor, but the rewards can be great.
- Begin by visiting the University of California web-site: Paying-for-UC
- UCLA Samueli has a few admission awards. There is no separate application. Award are limited and selection is based on your admission application.
- Your local library, high school or community college career center have information about Scholarships, Grants, and Loans.
- The UCLA Alumni Center also provides scholarships to prospective and current students. Please visit their website: UCLA Alumni Association Scholarships
- HSSEAS Scholarship Application (see above)
- UCLA Scholarship Resource Center Page(SRC), located at 233 Covel Commons, The SRC serves as an information base and support service for students seeking scholarships and is open to all UCLA students regardless of financial aid eligibility. SRC provides workshops to assist UCLA students with the scholarship process. Please visit their webpage, for more information or call (310)206-2875.
- UCLA Financial Aid Office: Scholarships
- UCLA Alumni Scholarships for Incoming & Continuing Students
- UCLA Chancellor’s Service Award
ENGINEERINGSCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FROM OUTSIDE AGENCIES
Contact the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering
Office of Academic and Student Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 6426 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1601
Undergraduate Scholarship Coordinator: Alina Haas,
Office of External Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 7256 Boelter Hall, Box 951600, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1600
Fellowships (Graduate Scholarships)
Fellowships for graduate students are handled by the individual departments. Please visit the main engineering page to see department information and contact info.
Web-site Information and postings related to undergraduate engineering scholarships:
UCLA Departments and outside agencies who scholarships open to Undergraduate Engineering students may contact for information about posting a scholarship on this web-site.
For postings related to Undergraduate Research, Job, or Internship opportunities please contact: