Engineering Scholarships Application available through UCLA Academic Works
October 5th – November 2nd
Log into https://ucla.academicworks.com/ All UCLA students have an account they can access with their Bruin Online credentials.
Complete the UCLA General Scholarship Application. This will automatically match you with any award opportunity at UCLA for which you are eligible and will alert you to any opportunities you can apply for including the Engineering Application. If you already have a General Application, make sure it is updated with your most current information.
Complete the Engineering Application questions by Monday, November 2nd. These answers will be used along with your General Application responses to match you specifically to our scholarships. (The Engineering Application will not show up for you until you complete the General Application).
Same for your extra curricular activities. The ones listed in the General App and the Engineering App each to be able to stand on their own merit.
How can I get help with writing my essay?
The Scholarship Resource Center (SRC) is hosting specialized workshops offered throughout the month of October, and students can sign up for them through my.ucla.edu by clicking on Academics -> Advising and Academic Services -> Workshops, and searching for “HSSEAS Scholarship Essay Workshop.”
You will gain benefit of customized information, hands on training, and materials with scholarship application professionals. You would also benefit from the Personal Statement Workshops they are offering which are open to all majors.
Tuesday 10/27 – 5pm HSSEAS Scholarship Essay Workshop with the SRC
Thursday 10/29 – 12pm HSSEAS Scholarship Essay Workshop with the SRC
The Engineering Application Guidelines and Information will answer most of your application questions.
Unless otherwise stated, minimum requirements for scholarships are a 3.0 GPA, Extra-Curricular activities and Leadership considered, Financial need considered.
These scholarships are administered by the Samueli Office of Academic and Student Affairs (OASA), which is located at 6426 Boelter Hall.
RESOURCES & INFORMATION
Click each box to open for more details
Notifications will be a little different for 2020-2021.
Everything will happen inside UCLA Academic Works. If selected for a scholarship, you will be prompted to accept the offered award as well as to complete any additional requirements like a Thank you note for donors, etc. If you have any questions about this, contact: .
Other Scholarship Resources
Looking for scholarship information can be a tedious endeavor, but the rewards can be great.
- Begin by visiting the University of California web-site: Paying-for-UC
- UCLA Samueli has a few admission awards. There is no separate application. Award are limited and selection is based on your admission application.
- Your local library, high school or community college career center have information about Scholarships, Grants, and Loans.
- The UCLA Alumni Center also provides scholarships to prospective and current students. Please visit their website: UCLA Alumni Association Scholarships
- Samueli Scholarship Application (see above)
- Additional Engineering and non-engineering related Scholarship resources are available through the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center (SRC), located at 233 Covel Commons. They also provide support and review services for scholarship applications including writing. It is open to all UCLA students regardless of financial aid eligibility. For more information please visit their webpage or call (310)206-2875.
- UCLA Financial Aid Office: Scholarships
- UCLA Alumni Scholarships for Incoming & Continuing Students
- UCLA Chancellor’s Service Award
We encourage all students to apply for applicable Engineering Scholarships from Outside Agencies. Top students (high cumulative GPA) should consider the National Scholarship opportunities.
Contact the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering
Office of Academic and Student Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 6426 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1601, (310) 825-9580 Undergraduate Scholarship Coordinator: Alina Haas,
Office of External Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 7256 Boelter Hall, Box 951600, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1600
Fellowships (Graduate Scholarships)
Fellowships for graduate students are handled by the individual departments. Please visit the main engineering page to see department information and contact info.