REVIEW of the 2021-22 Engineering Scholarship Application is IN PROGRESS.
Stay Tuned for Updates.
The Engineering Application Guidelines and Information will answer most of your application questions.
You can also go here to get a head start on thinking about the 2022-2023 Application.
- Application opened August 13th, 2021 and closed September 27th, 2021
- Essays and Extra curricular activities are being reviewed by UCLA Samueli Alumni until mid November.
- Once the review is complete, the selection committee will begin making selections.
- Once selections are made, notifications will will begin rolling out. There are a many moving pieces to verify with UCLA Financial Aid and Scholarships which is why the notifications may come out in waves.
- Alll applicants will notified by the end of December at the latest. If selected,
- If selected, the Scholarship will be offered in Academic Works. Upon accepting, students agree to complete a follow-up Donor Questionnaire, write a thank you note to the Donor, and participate in the Scholarship Brunch in Spring Quarter. Details will be provided by External Affairs, post Selection. Award monies will be disbursed in Winter and Spring 2022.
Scholarship Writing Workshops offered every year!
Check back when the Engineering Application is open. The Engineering Essay is a critical component of the Scholarship Applications and can make the difference for the selection committee looking at 2 students who are similar academically. If you are trying to get a jump on the 2022-2023 Application, you can use the most recent workshop slides and peer review worksheet linked below.
Additionally, the UCLA Scholarships Resource Center writing consultations available during Fall, Winter, Spring Quarters. They can assist with identifying additional opportunities and any step of any scholarship application.
Unless otherwise stated, minimum requirements for scholarships are a 3.0 GPA, Extra-Curricular activities and Leadership considered, Financial need considered.
These scholarships are administered by the Samueli Office of Academic and Student Affairs (OASA), which is located at 6426 Boelter Hall.
RESOURCES & INFORMATION
Click each box to open for more details
Notifications will be a little different for 2020-2021.
Everything will happen inside UCLA Academic Works. If selected for a scholarship, you will be prompted to accept the offered award as well as to complete any additional requirements like a Thank you note for donors, etc. If you have any questions about this, contact: .
Other Scholarship Resources
Looking for scholarship information can be a tedious endeavor, but the rewards can be great.
- Begin by visiting the University of California web-site: Paying-for-UC
- UCLA Samueli has a few admission awards. There is no separate application. Award are limited and selection is based on your admission application.
- Your local library, high school or community college career center have information about Scholarships, Grants, and Loans.
- The UCLA Alumni Center also provides scholarships to prospective and current students. Please visit their website: UCLA Alumni Association Scholarships
- Samueli Scholarship Application (see above)
- Additional Engineering and non-engineering related Scholarship resources are available through the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center (SRC), located at 233 Covel Commons. They also provide support and review services for scholarship applications including writing. It is open to all UCLA students regardless of financial aid eligibility. For more information please visit their webpage or call (310)206-2875.
- UCLA Financial Aid Office: Scholarships
- UCLA Alumni Scholarships for Incoming & Continuing Students
- UCLA Chancellor’s Service Award
We encourage all students to apply for applicable Engineering Scholarships from Outside Agencies. Top students (high cumulative GPA) should consider the National Scholarship opportunities.
Contact the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering
Office of Academic and Student Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 6426 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1601, (310) 825-9580 Undergraduate Scholarship Coordinator: Alina Haas,
Office of External Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 7256 Boelter Hall, Box 951600, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1600
Fellowships (Graduate Scholarships)
Fellowships for graduate students are handled by the individual departments. Please visit the main engineering page to see department information and contact info.