All 2023-2024 Engineering Scholarship Notifications have gone out.
If you have any questions about anything, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your UID.
The Engineering Application Guidelines and Information will answer most of your application questions.
You can also go here to get a head start on thinking about the 2024-2025 Application.
- General Application opens in March – Currently Opened for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
- Engineering Application Questions available – TBD for 2024-2025 Academic Year
- Essays and Extra curricular activities reviewed by UCLA Samueli until end of July
- Selection begins in August
- Once selections are made, notifications will begin rolling out. There are a many moving pieces to verify with UCLA Financial Aid and Scholarships, which is why the notifications may come out in waves.
- All applicants will be notified by the end of September at the latest.
- If selected, the Scholarship will be offered in Academic Works. Upon accepting, students agree to complete a follow-up Donor Questionnaire, write a thank you note to the Donor, and participate in the Scholarship Brunch in Spring Quarter. Details will be provided by External Affairs, post Selection. Award monies will be disbursed in Fall, Winter and Spring.
Scholarship Writing Workshops offered every year!
Check back when the Engineering Conditional Application is open. The Engineering Essay is a critical component of the Scholarship Applications and can make the difference for the selection committee looking at 2 students who are similar academically. If you are trying to get a jump on the 2024-2025 Application, you can use the most recent workshop slides and peer review worksheet linked below.
Additionally, the UCLA Center for Scholarships and Scholar Enrichment writing consultations available during Fall, Winter, Spring Quarters. They can assist with identifying additional opportunities and any step of any scholarship application.
Unless otherwise stated, minimum requirements for scholarships are a 3.0 GPA, Extra-Curricular activities and Leadership considered, Financial need considered.
These scholarships are administered by the Samueli Office of Academic and Student Affairs (OASA), which is located at 6426 Boelter Hall.
100+ Scholarships Every Year
One easy Application for consideration for multiple awards! Both Merit & Need based scholarships!
New students, continuing students, international students, and domestic students are all welcome to apply!
Available to all undergraduate Engineering majors and levels!
RESOURCES & INFORMATION
Click each box to open for more details
Notifications will happen inside UCLA Academic Works. If selected for a scholarship, you will be prompted to accept the offered award as well as to complete any additional requirements like a Thank you note for donors, etc. If you have any questions about this, contact: email@example.com.
Other Scholarship Resources
Looking for scholarship information can be a tedious endeavor, but the rewards can be great.
- Begin by visiting the University of California web-site: Paying-for-UC
- UCLA Samueli has a few admission awards. There is no separate application. Award are limited and selection is based on your admission application. If you were awarded an admission award, you will be notified directly via the email provided on your admissions application.
- Your local library, high school or community college career center may have additional information about Scholarships, Grants, and Loans.
- The UCLA Alumni Center also provides scholarships to prospective and current students. Please visit their website: UCLA Alumni Association Scholarships
- Samueli Scholarship Application (see above)
- Additional Engineering and non-engineering related Scholarship resources are available through the UCLA Center for Scholarships and Scholar Enrichment, located at 233 Covel Commons. They also provide support and review services for scholarship applications including writing. It is open to all UCLA students regardless of financial aid eligibility. For more information please visit their webpage or call (310)206-2875.
- UCLA Financial Aid Office: Scholarships
- UCLA Alumni Scholarships for Incoming & Continuing Students
- UCLA Chancellor’s Service Award
We encourage all students to apply for applicable Engineering Scholarships from Outside Agencies. Top students (high cumulative GPA) should consider the National Scholarship opportunities.
Contact the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering
Office of Academic and Student Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 6426 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1601, (310) 825-9580 Undergraduate Scholarship Coordinator: Flannery Weiss, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of External Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 7256 Boelter Hall, Box 951600, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1600
Fellowships (Graduate Scholarships)
Fellowships for graduate students are handled by the individual departments. Please visit the main engineering page to see department information and contact info.
Web-site Information and postings related to undergraduate engineering scholarships:
UCLA Departments and outside agencies who scholarships open to Undergraduate Engineering students may contact email@example.com for information about posting a scholarship on this web-site.
For postings related to Undergraduate Research, Job, or Internship opportunities please contact:
William Herrera, firstname.lastname@example.org