NEW for 2020-2021!
Apply for Engineering Scholarships through UCLA Academic Works.
GET STARTED WITH STEPS ONE AND TWO NOW!
STEP ONE: Log into https://ucla.academicworks.com/
STEP TWO: Complete the UCLA General Scholarship Application. This will automatically match you with any award opportunity at UCLA for which you are eligible and will alert you to any opportunities you can apply for including the Engineering Application.
STEP THREE: On Monday, October 5th, the Engineering Application will become available. Complete additional questions to help match you to our specific donor awards.
Engineering Application will be available in UCLA Academic Works Monday October 5th-Monday November 2nd.
→ CLICK HERE to review the Engineering Application Guidelines and Information to get ready for October 5th!
Unless otherwise stated, minimum requirements for scholarships are a 3.0 GPA, Extra-Curricular activities and Leadership considered, Financial need considered.
These scholarships are administered by the Samueli Office of Academic and Student Affairs (OASA), which is located at 6426 Boelter Hall.
RESOURCES & INFORMATION
Click each box to open for more details
Notifications will be a little different for 2020-2021.
Everything will happen inside UCLA Academic Works. If selected for a scholarship, you will be prompted to accept the offered award as well as to complete any additional requirements like a Thank you note for donors, etc. If you have any questions about this, contact: .
Other Scholarship Resources
Looking for scholarship information can be a tedious endeavor, but the rewards can be great.
- Begin by visiting the University of California web-site: Paying-for-UC
- UCLA Samueli has a few admission awards. There is no separate application. Award are limited and selection is based on your admission application.
- Your local library, high school or community college career center have information about Scholarships, Grants, and Loans.
- The UCLA Alumni Center also provides scholarships to prospective and current students. Please visit their website: UCLA Alumni Association Scholarships
- Samueli Scholarship Application (see above)
- Additional Engineering and non-engineering related Scholarship resources are available through the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center (SRC), located at 233 Covel Commons. They also provide support and review services for scholarship applications including writing. It is open to all UCLA students regardless of financial aid eligibility. For more information please visit their webpage or call (310)206-2875.
- UCLA Financial Aid Office: Scholarships
- UCLA Alumni Scholarships for Incoming & Continuing Students
- UCLA Chancellor’s Service Award
We encourage all students to apply for applicable Engineering Scholarships from Outside Agencies. Top students (high cumulative GPA) should consider the National Scholarship opportunities.
Contact the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering
Office of Academic and Student Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 6426 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1601, (310) 825-9580 Undergraduate Scholarship Coordinator: Alina Haas,
Office of External Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 7256 Boelter Hall, Box 951600, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1600
Fellowships (Graduate Scholarships)
Fellowships for graduate students are handled by the individual departments. Please visit the main engineering page to see department information and contact info.