One easy Application for consideration for multiple awards! Both Merit & Need based scholarships!
New students, continuing students, international students, and domestic students are all welcome to apply!
Available to all undergraduate Engineering majors and levels!
These scholarships are administered by the Samueli Office of Academic and Student Affairs (OASA), which is located at 6426 Boelter Hall. Unless otherwise stated, minimum requirements for scholarships are a 3.0 GPA, Extra-Curricular activities and Leadership considered, Financial need considered.
- Application opens early Fall Quarter with a hard deadline set for the Monday of Week 5.
- Applications are reviewed by Samueli Alumni in November and the selections are made in December and January
- Recipients will be notified by the end of February and award monies dispersed over winter and spring quarters.
- If selected, students will be required to complete a follow-up Donor Questionnaire, write a thank you note to the Donor, and participate in the Scholarship Brunch in April. Details will be provided by External Affairs, post Selection.
The 2018-19 Engineering Scholarship Application has CLOSED. Review of Completed applications has been completed and Selection is in progress.
**Important note: If you created an application account in the past, you do not have to create a new one. Just go to the application site once it is open and input your email and password. If you have forgotten your email address, email email@example.com. If you no longer have your password from last year, you can generate a new one.**
- Application must be completed by 5:00pm on Monday October 29th, 2018
- Please review the Scholarship FAQ before you apply!! It will assist you in understanding what is generally required in the application (note that this information is subject to change without notice).
SCHOLARSHIP WRITING WORKSHOP
The Scholarship Resource Center (SRC) hosted a SCHOLARSHIP WRITING WORKSHOP specifically for Engineering students applying for these scholarships in Fall 2018 for the next application cycle.
If you couldn’t make it to the workshop, but want to take advantage of their tips and tricks, make an appointment now no matter what stage of the writing you are. Haven’t started, they can help you brainstorm. Have a draft? They provide one on one consultations and will go over how to strengthen your draft with you.
Please note that week 4 & 5 are very busy at the SRC, so stopping by or calling to make an appointment for week 2 & 3 is advised: http://scholarshipcenter.ucla.edu/
With roughly 500 applications for only 100ish awards, a strong essay is extremely important. They can assist with ANY scholarship application, not just Engineering ones
RESOURCES & INFORMATION
You should have been notified regardless if you were selected or not selected for an award this year. If you did not receive any notification, this email came from firstname.lastname@example.org. Check your spam/junk folders.
Read your letters carefully. They include all the information that you need. If you have been contacted regarding further paperwork, please fill out ASAP. All awards are pending clearance from the Financial Aid Office.
Once you see the award on your eFAN, please direct questions about the disbursement details to FinancialAid. Thank you!
Samueli Scholarships listed and awarded in past years
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2017-2018 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2016-2017 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2015-2016 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2014-2015 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2013-2014 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2012-2013 application
Other Scholarship Resources
- Begin by visiting the University of California web-site: Paying-for-UC
- UCLA Samueli has a few admission awards. There is no separate application. Award are limited and selection is based on your admission application.
- Your local library, high school or community college career center have information about Scholarships, Grants, and Loans.
- The UCLA Alumni Center also provides scholarships to prospective and current students. Please visit their website: UCLA Alumni Association Scholarships
- Samueli Scholarship Application (see above)
- Additional Engineering and non-engineering related Scholarship resources are available through the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center (SRC), located at 233 Covel Commons. They also provide support and review services for scholarship applications including writing. It is open to all UCLA students regardless of financial aid eligibility. For more information please visit their webpage or call (310)206-2875.
- UCLA Financial Aid Office: Scholarships
- UCLA Alumni Scholarships for Incoming & Continuing Students
- UCLA s Service Award
We encourage all students to apply for applicable Engineering Scholarships from Outside Agencies. Top students (high cumulative GPA) should consider the National Scholarship opportunities.
Contact the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering
Office of Academic and Student Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 6426 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1601, (310) 825-9580 Undergraduate Scholarship Coordinator: Alina Haas,
Office of External Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 7256 Boelter Hall, Box 951600, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1600
Fellowships (Graduate Scholarships)
Fellowships for graduate students are handled by the individual departments. Please visit the main engineering page to see department information and contact info.
Web-site Information and postings related to undergraduate engineering scholarships:
UCLA Departments and outside agencies who scholarships open to Undergraduate Engineering students may contact for information about posting a scholarship on this web-site.
For postings related to Undergraduate Research, Job, or Internship opportunities please contact: