100+ Scholarships Every Year
One easy Application for consideration for multiple awards! Both Merit & Need based scholarships!
New students, continuing students, international students, and domestic students are all welcome to apply!
Available to all undergraduate Engineering majors and levels!
These scholarships are administered by the Samueli Office of Academic and Student Affairs (OASA), which is located at 6426 Boelter Hall. Unless otherwise stated, minimum requirements for scholarships are a 3.0 GPA, Extra-Curricular activities and Leadership considered, Financial need considered.
- Application opens September 30th by 5pm with a hard deadline set for the Monday of Week 5 (October 28th) at 5pm.
- Applications are reviewed by Samueli Alumni in November and the selections are made in December and January
- Recipients will be notified by the end of February and award monies dispersed over winter and spring quarters.
- If selected, students will be required to complete a follow-up Donor Questionnaire, write a thank you note to the Donor, and participate in the Scholarship Brunch in April. Details will be provided by External Affairs, post Selection.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES AND INFO
The 2019-20 Engineering Scholarship Application will on Monday September 30th. Thank you!
**Important note: If you created an application account in the past, you do not have to create a new one. Just go to the application site once it is open and input your email and password. If you have forgotten your email address, email . If you no longer have your password from last year, you can generate a new one.**
- Application must be completed by 5:00pm on Monday October 28th, 2019
- Please review the Scholarship Application Guildelines before you apply!! It will assist you in understanding what is generally required in the application (note that this information is subject to change without notice)
SCHOLARSHIP WRITING WORKSHOP
With roughly 500 applications for only 100ish awards, a strong essay is extremely important.
The UCLA Scholarship Resource Center sponsored a SCHOLARSHIP WRITING WORKSHOP specifically for Engineering students applying for these scholarships in Fall 2019 on October 4th and 8th.
This workshop is great for first time applicants, for guidance on how to get started and brainstorm, for tips and tricks for writing your strongest essays, or revamping an older essay. It will provide some structure so you can get started in making a draft that you can bring into the SRC or the Undergraduate Writing Center.
UCLA Scholarship Resource Center Appointments
The SRC can provide one on one consultations and will go over how to strengthen your draft with you. Because of how impacted appointments can be, you may only get one appointment, so while they can help you brainstorm, the best use of your time is probably to have a draft to bring in. Please note that week 4 & 5 are very busy at the SRC, so making an appointment ASAP is advised.
- For questions that may take 10 – 15 minutes to answer, they are happy to speak with students on the phone or on a walk-in basis. http://scholarshipcenter.ucla.edu/
- For individualized counseling and writing support, we ask that students make appointments using our online appointment booker at least 24 hours in advance: https://calendly.com/src-appointments (Check in each individual staff’s calendar to find a few appointments that may not be available via the “any appointment” calendar.)
They offer four 30-minute individualized appointments per day, Monday – Friday, between the hours of 12:30pm – 5:30pm.
Given the limited availability of these appointments we ask that you:
- Attend one of our scheduled workshops to receive an introduction to the basic strategies of earning scholarships for college.
- Make sure you are prepared with specific questions and written materials when you come for your appointment.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Do not schedule more than one appointment at a time. Students who book multiple appointments in advance will have all of their appointments automatically cancelled.
UCLA Undergraduate Writing Center Appointments
They also have drop in hours at all locations all Quarter: https://wp.ucla.edu/wc/hours-location/
Attendance and Cancellation Policies
- Only registered UCLA undergraduates can use our services. Graduate students can contact the Graduate Writing Center at (310) 267-4805 or
- APPOINTMENT POLICY: You may schedule up to 2 appointments per week, but not on the same day.
- CANCELLATION: If you need to cancel your appointment, you MUST cancel your appointment 12 hours in advance. You can modify or cancel it online. See “Make an Appointment”.
- CANCELLATION ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT: If you need to cancel on the day of your appointment, please e-mail or call us at 310-206-1320.
- BEING LATE: In A61 Kaplan (formerly Humanities) or the Social Science location, if you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, you will lose your session to a student who is waiting. In Rieber 115 and Powell 228, if you are more than 5 minutes late, you will lose your session to a student who is waiting.
- LOSING WRITING CENTER PRIVILEGES: If you miss or are late for 2 scheduled appointments without cancelling 12 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT, you will not be allowed to schedule an appointment at the Writing Center again during the quarter in which you violate the policy.
- TAKE-HOME EXAM POLICY: We can help with take-home exams, but you must bring written consent from your instructor to your appointment. Without written consent, we cannot work with you.
RESOURCES & INFORMATION
You should have been notified regardless if you were selected or not selected for an award this year. If you did not receive any notification, this email came from . Check your spam/junk folders.
Read your letters carefully. They include all the information that you need. If you have been contacted regarding further paperwork, please fill out ASAP. All awards are pending clearance from the Financial Aid Office.
Once you see the award on your eFAN, please direct questions about the disbursement details to FinancialAid. Thank you!
Samueli Scholarships listed and awarded in past years
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2017-2018 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2016-2017 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2015-2016 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2014-2015 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2013-2014 application
- List of Scholarships listed and awarded in the 2012-2013 application
Other Scholarship Resources
- Begin by visiting the University of California web-site: Paying-for-UC
- UCLA Samueli has a few admission awards. There is no separate application. Award are limited and selection is based on your admission application.
- Your local library, high school or community college career center have information about Scholarships, Grants, and Loans.
- The UCLA Alumni Center also provides scholarships to prospective and current students. Please visit their website: UCLA Alumni Association Scholarships
- Samueli Scholarship Application (see above)
- Additional Engineering and non-engineering related Scholarship resources are available through the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center (SRC), located at 233 Covel Commons. They also provide support and review services for scholarship applications including writing. It is open to all UCLA students regardless of financial aid eligibility. For more information please visit their webpage or call (310)206-2875.
- UCLA Financial Aid Office: Scholarships
- UCLA Alumni Scholarships for Incoming & Continuing Students
- UCLA s Service Award
We encourage all students to apply for applicable Engineering Scholarships from Outside Agencies. Top students (high cumulative GPA) should consider the National Scholarship opportunities.
Contact the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering
Office of Academic and Student Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 6426 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1601, (310) 825-9580 Undergraduate Scholarship Coordinator: Alina Haas,
Office of External Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 7256 Boelter Hall, Box 951600, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1600
Fellowships (Graduate Scholarships)
Fellowships for graduate students are handled by the individual departments. Please visit the main engineering page to see department information and contact info.