2021-22 Engineering Scholarship Application is OPEN until SEPTEMBER 27, 11:59PM
That is NEXT MONDAY!
DEADLINE: 9/27/2021, 11:59pm
GET STARTED NOW!
STEP ONE (available now and all year):
Log into https://ucla.academicworks.com/ All UCLA students have an account they can access with their Bruin Online credentials.
STEP TWO (available now and all year):
Start/Update and Complete the UCLA General Scholarship Application. This will automatically match you with any award opportunity at UCLA for which you are eligible and will alert you to any opportunities you can apply for including the Engineering Application once it becomes available. If you already have a General Application, make sure it is updated with your most current information.
STEP THREE (available now and all year):
Review the Engineering Application Guidelines and Information which address our most frequently asked questions and help you prepare or know what to expect when the Engineering Application goes live.
STEP FOUR (available now until 9/27/21, 11:59pm):
Log into AcademicWorks. If you have already completed the General Application, you should be able to see the Engineering Application as one of your avaialble “Apply to” Opportunities. Complete/update the Engineering Application questions. These answers will be used along with your General Application responses to match you specifically to our scholarships.
The Engineering Application Guidelines and Information will answer most of your application questions.
- Application opens August 13th, 2021 and closed September 27th, 2021
- Essays and Extra curricular activities are reviewed by UCLA Samueli Alumni.
- Once the review is complete, the selection committee begins making selections.
- Once selections are made there are a many moving pieces to verify with UCLA Financial Aid and Scholarships before we can notify and process payment.
- Recipients will be notified by the end of December at the latest and award monies dispersed over winter and spring quarters.
- If selected, students will be required to complete a follow-up Donor Questionnaire, write a thank you note to the Donor, and participate in the Scholarship Brunch in Spring Quarter. Details will be provided by External Affairs, post Selection.
First time filling out this application? Need help getting started on the essay? Trying to finalize your draft?
RSVP for a Scholarship Info & Writing Workshop
If you want to talk to counselors about anything pertaining to the Engineering Scholarships, RSVP above.
Additionally, the UCLA Scholarships Resource Center is offering these supplemental workshops and they have provided the linked Peer Review Worksheet to help you get feedback on your essay
Unless otherwise stated, minimum requirements for scholarships are a 3.0 GPA, Extra-Curricular activities and Leadership considered, Financial need considered.
These scholarships are administered by the Samueli Office of Academic and Student Affairs (OASA), which is located at 6426 Boelter Hall.
RESOURCES & INFORMATION
Click each box to open for more details
Notifications will be a little different for 2020-2021.
Everything will happen inside UCLA Academic Works. If selected for a scholarship, you will be prompted to accept the offered award as well as to complete any additional requirements like a Thank you note for donors, etc. If you have any questions about this, contact: .
Other Scholarship Resources
Looking for scholarship information can be a tedious endeavor, but the rewards can be great.
- Begin by visiting the University of California web-site: Paying-for-UC
- UCLA Samueli has a few admission awards. There is no separate application. Award are limited and selection is based on your admission application.
- Your local library, high school or community college career center have information about Scholarships, Grants, and Loans.
- The UCLA Alumni Center also provides scholarships to prospective and current students. Please visit their website: UCLA Alumni Association Scholarships
- Samueli Scholarship Application (see above)
- Additional Engineering and non-engineering related Scholarship resources are available through the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center (SRC), located at 233 Covel Commons. They also provide support and review services for scholarship applications including writing. It is open to all UCLA students regardless of financial aid eligibility. For more information please visit their webpage or call (310)206-2875.
- UCLA Financial Aid Office: Scholarships
- UCLA Alumni Scholarships for Incoming & Continuing Students
- UCLA Chancellor’s Service Award
We encourage all students to apply for applicable Engineering Scholarships from Outside Agencies. Top students (high cumulative GPA) should consider the National Scholarship opportunities.
Contact the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering
Office of Academic and Student Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 6426 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1601, (310) 825-9580 Undergraduate Scholarship Coordinator: Alina Haas,
Office of External Affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, 7256 Boelter Hall, Box 951600, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1600
Fellowships (Graduate Scholarships)
Fellowships for graduate students are handled by the individual departments. Please visit the main engineering page to see department information and contact info.