Welcome to Spring 2022! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Undergraduate Research Program’s events and workshops will be held in a hybrid format. Expand this tab for more COVID-19 resources.
- UCLA Student Affairs Guidebook
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is open and has transitioned to telehealth service
CAPS Samueli Engineering Satelite hours will continue in a virtual format Fall 2021: details will be announced soon.
- Remote learning, adjusting to website by the Center for the Advancement of Teaching
- Career Center Virtual Events
- Career Center Virtual Services
- Residential Life has many virtual student events to help build community
- Samueli Engineering’s COVID-19 Information Page for updates including FAQs from the School’s Town Hall
The purpose of the Undergraduate Research Program is to support undergraduate students currently conducting research in communicating and publishing their work.
- Percentage of 2022 graduating seniors who participated in research by graduation 25% 25%
The Undergraduate Research Program is a new initiative from the UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science to develop first-in-class research opportunities that lead to undergraduates who are well-informed about engineering career opportunities in both academic and corporate settings.
UCLA Samueli boasts some of the world’s top researchers working at the forefront of technological innovation. In collaboration with multiple UCLA schools as well as universities around the globe, the UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science is leading initiatives that have the potential to change our world.
URP has two programs – the academic year program and the summer program.
There are 10 peer advisors between UIP and URP. Get to know this year’s team of peer advisors here!
URP spans the academic year and consists of several workshops and activities.
- Technical Presentation Lab
- Poster Workshops
- Undergraduate Research Week Poster Day
- Professional Development Workshops and Industry Info-Sessions
- End of Year Awards Reception
- Master various skills, including deciphering technical journal articles and communicating research findings.
- Advising on securing paid research or industry positions.
- Network with industry representatives in an intimate setting.
- Be recognized for your research and receive an official certificate signed by the Dean.
- Qualify for a $750 award for Best Poster and/or Best Presentation.
Spring 2022 Events
There are no events currently planned.
Have a great end of the school year!
Spring drop-in advising sessions are now virtual and in person!
To make an appointment, complete the pre-advising questionnaire.
ENGR 24: Finding an Undergraduate Research Opportunity Seminar
ENGR 24 is a new course designed to help engineering students secure their first research position!
This course is offered in the Fall quarter.
Take a look at the syllabus:
ENG 25: Communicating Academic Research Seminar
ENG 25 is a new course designed to assist undergraduate students publish their first research!
This course is ONLY offered in Winter.
Take a look at the syllabus:
The Undergraduate Research Program hosts many talented and bright scholars.
Are you interested in publishing your research? Please visit the application website here!
Summer Undergraduate Research Program 2022
Currently looking for research, or already in a lab? The Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) is an umbrella program that scaffolds summer undergraduate research opportunities at UCLA Samueli
Engineering, including Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU). SURP is an 8-week or 10-week program and runs from June 21 to August 12/26 for Summer 2022.
Applications for SURP are now open until March 10th. Apply with this form.
Please refer to these flyers for more information about the program.
Resources & Links
- Finding a Research Lab
- Getting course credit for research
- Type of Research at UCLA Samueli
- UCLA Engineering’s Six Critical Areas of Research
- Research Centers and Institutes
- Faculty Expertise Directory
- Departmental Research Pages
SURP is URP’s summer session counterpart. The program encompasses all summer research that occurs at UCLA, whether it’s an REU site or independent faculty lab research. To learn more about the Summer Undergraduate Scholars Program or apply, click on the title.
Career Center Advising
Virtual Drop-In Sessions
Visit the Career Center virtual drop-in room for resume/cover letter reviews, and job and internship questions.
Engineering Faculty Advising
Here's a link to the Engineering Faculty Advising Resources Page!