Degree Audit Process for HSSEAS undergraduates:
Degree Audit Process must be completed ONE QUARTER before your degree expected term. Students please note that you are ultimately responsible for checking that you are meeting degree requirements. Curriculum requirements vary from year to year, it is important that you follow the requirements that were in effect the year that you were admitted. Unless, you have submitted a request to change your catalog year.
Deadline for declaration or change of bachelor’s degree candidacy must be done on MyUCLA BEFORE 172 units for Engineering students without a fee.
Refer any questions regarding the Degree Audit Process to: Message Center – Degree Auditor
STEP 1: Check degree expected term with the UCLA Registrar's Office via MyUCLA
STEP 2: Run your Degree Audit Report through DARS
2. OPEN all sections
3. Double check that you have declared your Technical Breadth Area (AND FOR BE, ChE, CEE, and MSE majors that you also declare Option/Pathway/Track*). If not correct, please login to MyEngineering and declare/or update your TBR area and tracks (It will take at least 24 hours to update since it will require an overnight download of the latest information). *options/pathways for EE apply to pre-Fall 14 catalogs only
4. Review every section to check that information is accurate, including your GEs and that you have correctly enrolled in classes in the right GE Foundation and category.
5. If course is falling under the available courses that may contribute toward unfulfilled requirements section and should be meeting a requirement, then a petition for consideration is required.
6. If petition is pending for course substitution, it is the student’s responsibility to enroll in a back up course until petition is approved (Note about staying within drop deadlines).
7. BEFORE going on to step 3 below, If anything on your DARS report looks incorrect (e.g. credit missing that you thought you satisfied) see an academic counselor and/or send a message through message center
8. If everything looks accurate, save the open report to your computer. You will have to submit this report through message center.
STEP 3: Complete the Statement of Degree Candidacy Form and Submit DARS Report
Fall Degree Candidates: Fall degree candidates who are interested in “walking” in the 2019 HSSEAS Commencement Ceremony must initiate this process through the HSSEAS Statement of Degree Candidacy (SDC) form online and complete questions 21 and on in order to submit the Special Request to participate in commencement. This needs to be completed during week one of the Spring quarter. Fall degree candidates not interested in participating in the 2019 HSSEAS Commencement Ceremony, must still file a HSSEAS Statement of Degree Candidacy (SDC) form online beginning week 1 (and no later than week 3) during the Spring quarter.
STEP 4: Review Degree Audit sent to you by e-mail
•Keep and use the degree audit as your check list.
•Immediately email the HSSEAS Degree Auditor, if there are any discrepancies to your degree audit as you will be held responsible for them.
STEP 5: Double check DARS after enrolling in final quarter
STEP 6: Complete Exit Survey
STEP 7:After completing last quarter
Important things to know