Degree candidates should be aware of the following oversights that prevent student’s from graduating:
- Engineering Subset Restrictions here: https://www.seasoasa.ucla.edu/undergraduate-technical-breadth-area-tba/
- Approved GE List: Please pay special attention to GEs, by making sure they are in the proper subgroups listed here: https://www.seasoasa.ucla.edu/ge-home/
DEGREE AUDIT PROCESS
STEP 1: DECLARE DEGREE EXPECTED TERM
All students are required to declare a degree expected term via MyUCLA.
Declaration of candidacy and verification of the degree-expected term is processed through MyUCLA. The degree-expected term is the term in which a student expects to complete all degree requirements. Please note, for Engineering students, declaring or changing a degree expected term must be done on MyUCLA BEFORE 172 units. If this is declared or updated after 172 total units there is a fee to declare candidacy.
Students may declare or change their degree expected term via MyUCLA until the second week of the quarter prior to their degree expected term.
If the MyUCLA feature does not allow you to change your degree expected term,
- Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science students: Use the Declaration of Candidacy online form
- If After you earned 172 units, OR after the second week of the quarter prior to the degree expected term students may be prompted to complete the Declaration of Degree Candidacy form and email it to email@example.com.
STEP 2: RUN A DARS REPORT VIA DEGREE AUDIT SYSTEM
STEP 3: COMPLETE STATEMENT OF DEGREE CANDIDACY FORM – Due one quarter before degree expected term (Spring candidates must submit during weeks 1-3 of the Winter quarter).
STEP 4: RECEIVE OFFICIAL DEGREE AUDIT FROM OASA
If the Degree Audit Process was followed within the designated time period as instructed above, as a courtesy the OASA Degree Audit Team will send degree candidates an Official Degree Audit via a MyUCLA Notice with a link to MyEngineering that will have the student’s personalized audit.
This will confirm any remaining requirements needed to complete degree requirements in the last term. Please note, it is the ultimate responsibility of the student to confirm degree requirements. The Degree Audit Team will do their best to send the Official Degree Audit before the start of the student’s final term. If you followed the outlined Degree Audit Process above and did not receive an Official Degree Audit by the beginning of the final quarter be sure to send a message to the degree auditors via Message Center. From time to time the degree auditors will send emails regarding time sensitive information. When a student receives an Official Degree Audit it is important to confirm the following:
- Confirm the courses listed are accurate
- Keep for your records
- Utilize as a checklist for coursework to enroll in your last term
- Immediately email the Degree Audit Team, if there are any discrepancies to your degree audit as you will be held responsible for them.
STEP 5: RUN NEW DARS REPORT AFTER FINAL TERM’S ENROLLMENT
STEP 6: COMPLETE THE SENIOR EXIT SURVEY IN APRIL
STEP 7: REVIEW DARS AND TRANSCRIPTS ONCE FINAL GRADES HAVE BEEN POSTED
If you need to update your degree expected term, you should re-do steps 1, 2, and 3.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
FEE REDUCTION INFORMATION
FEE REDUCTION – The deadline to file for a fee reduction is Friday of the second week of the quarter, it is the student’s responsibility to submit the form before the deadline for consideration
Refer to Samueli Engineering Fee Reduction Policy and Submission process detailed at
Reasons for a fee reduction request:
- Degree candidate – Workflow does not have a degree candidate as an option for reason. In the text box under reasons please indicate that you are filing based on degree candidacy. Also, attach a copy of the fee reduction form with reason.
If you encounter a problem accessing workflow, try to “reset” the web page. Log off and/or Clear your browser’s cache or try a different browser.
You may only receive a fee reduction once in your last three academic terms on the basis of being a degree candidate.
- Medical reasons – on the workflow form, select the reason as medical AND you must provide medical documentation.
- Employment reasons – on the workflow form, select the reasons for employment AND you must provide verification of employment for 20+ hours a week. Students who work 20 hours or more may petition to drop below the minimum term enrollment requirement of 12 units; however, may only be considered for one-quarter of a fee reduction for employment reasons.
- Personal reasons – if you are a student who is not able to manage full-time enrollment for reasons of family responsibilities, you must first communicate with an academic counselor to discuss the specifics of your situation for consideration BEFORE
the second-week fee reduction form submission deadline