Fee Reduction Information for
UCLA Samueli Engineering Undergraduates
Fee Reduction requests should be submitted via Workflow.
NOTE: There is no guarantee any submission will be approved. Please plan accordingly.
Fee Reduction Deadline:
The deadline to file for a fee reduction is Friday of the second week of the quarter.
It is the student’s responsibility to check with special programs such as Dashew (if you are an international student), the Financial Aid Office (if you are on financial aid), Athletics (if you are an athlete) or other special programs that might require a 12 unit minimum such as a scholarship or campus employment before submitting a fee reduction request as dropping below 12 units might jeopardize your status with these programs.
As a Samueli Engineering undergraduate student, you may be eligible for a fee reduction if you are:
A degree candidate and in any one of your last three academic terms before degree completion and are enrolled in 10 units or less in that term. If you choose to file this petition in a quarter prior to your final term, then you will not be approved for a fee reduction in your final term. You may only receive a fee reduction once in your last three academic terms on the basis of being a degree candidate. If you wish to have a fee reduction for your final term, you must first: 1. Follow the degree audit process and 2. Receive confirmation from the degree auditor that you need no more than 10 units to complete your degree requirements and that you will be completing your degree at the end of the quarter in question. The degree auditor will inform you of the necessary paperwork to be filed. Or if you wish to have a fee reduction for one of your last three academic terms (not your final term), send a message center for more information on the petition process.
You may also be eligible for a fee reduction if you are a student who is not able to manage full-time enrollment for reasons of family responsibilities or for health reasons and intends to enroll in 10 units or less. It is presumed that your part-time student status is of a long-term nature and valid documentation must be provided for fee reduction consideration. Students who work 20 hours or more may petition to drop below the minimum term enrollment requirement of 12 units; however, may only be considered for one-quarter of a fee reduction for employment reasons.
If you believe you are eligible for a fee reduction based on the above reasons and wish to be considered for a fee reduction you should submit the fee reduction form through Workflow BY the week two deadline.
Please note: On occasion students run into issues accessing Workflow, if this occurs we suggest trying these steps:
1) Log off and log back on
2) Clear your browser’s cache
3) Try a different browser
Reasons for a fee reduction request
- Degree candidate – Workflow does not have a degree candidate as an option for reason. In the text box under reasons please indicate that you are filing based on degree candidacy. Also, attach a copy of the fee reduction form with reason.
You may only receive a fee reduction once in your last three academic terms on the basis of being a degree candidate.
- Medical reasons – on the workflow form, select the reason as medical AND you must provide medical documentation.
- Employment reasons – on the workflow form, select the reasons for employment AND you must provide verification of employment for 20+ hours a week. Students who work 20 hours or more may petition to drop below the minimum term enrollment requirement of 12 units; however, may only be considered for one-quarter of a fee reduction for employment reasons.
- Personal reasons – if you are a student who is not able to manage full-time enrollment for reasons of family responsibilities, you must first communicate with an academic counselor to discuss the specifics of your situation for consideration BEFORE
the second-week fee reduction form submission deadline