Updated Fall 2016, 9-29-2016
Change of Major/Minor Into or Within the Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science (HSSEAS)
(subject to change without notice)
Please note new application period and process for change of major submissions.
- To best understand the requirements for engineering majors and the competitiveness of the change of major process, become familiar with the HSSEAS requirements. Requirements that can be found in the HSSEAS Announcement or at HSSEAS Undergraduate Curricular Requirements and Department Information. The Announcement is also available in booklet form, free of charge, in 6426 Boelter Hall.
Change of major workshops are scheduled throughout the quarter. Days and times are posted on the sign-up sheet in 6426 Boelter Hall.
- After reading the information on this website, if you have questions, please direct inquiries to an Academic Counselor at 6426 Boelter Hall.
- Application period: Weeks 1&2 of every quarter
- Submit Application Materials
- Notification and Processing
- Frequently Asked Questions by College of Letters and Science student who are interested in changing majors into HSSEAS.
Note: Meeting the minimum criteria does not guarantee approval.
|Winter Quarter: January 9th through January 20th, 2017.
||Summer Sessions: July 3rd through July 14th, 2017.|
|Spring Quarter: April 3rd through April 14th, 2017.||Fall Quarter: October 2nd through October 13th, 2017.|
Applications are accepted in weeks 1&2 of each quarter. They will be reviewed in the quarter in which they are submitted based on the previous quarter’s grades. Submit the paperwork with this in mind. If you want to change your major in Spring, submit the forms during the application period in Spring quarter.
1. Complete the CCLE survey at https://ccle.ucla.edu/mod/questionnaire/view.php?id=1196162
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you get a notification saying that you’re not eligible to take the
|2. Complete the Undergraduate Program Change Petition. Be sure to complete both pages of the editable PDF (not the “office use only” section), and name it using your 9-digit UCLA ID (e.g. 123456789.pdf).|
|3. Submit petition to Message Center CoM queue. (queue will only be active during submission period)|
In most cases, by approximately the end of week four you will be sent a message or email as to the change of major decision. Some decisions may be delayed if there are a high volume of petitions and/or additional time is needed to thoroughly review each case.
Meanwhile: What about enrolling for the next quarter?