Are you fascinated by the built environment? Are you passionate about sustainability and the opportunity to work on challenging multimodal projects that make communities more livable? Would you enjoy working on a variety of projects with unique challenges and requirements? If so, we’re looking for someone like this to join our team as a Project/Civil Engineer in our Los Angeles office.
Why join Toole Design?
At Toole Design Group, we’re working to create vibrant, multimodal transportation solutions for people of all ages and abilities. Our staff of 180+ engineering, design, and planning professionals are passionate about making a difference in communities large and small. The pace is fast, our team is creative and dynamic, and you will collaborate across disciplines with colleagues on transformative projects across the country.
As a Civil Engineer, you will be assisting our team to create sustainable transportation infrastructure in a wide range of contexts from complex roadways and streetscapes in highly urban settings, to signature trail projects that highlight and enhance the natural environment. As Southern California continues to invest in active transportation over the next decade, your work will have a lasting impact on communities across the region.
You will assist a senior engineer by independently managing tasks inclusive of all stages of project development and client relations. You’ll also be at the table with clients and colleagues from a variety of disciplines, delivering projects from concept to construction; including stakeholder outreach, developing feasibility studies and concept plans, and preparing construction documents for innovative projects throughout the country with a focus in the Southeast. In an industry that is constantly changing, you’ll be at the forefront of delivering creative solutions to challenging projects.
Toole Design is committed to building a diverse and welcoming team. We have a collaborative culture where people of all backgrounds come together to share ideas and build better, more inclusive communities. We are an equal opportunity, woman-owned business. We are proud of the fact that over 50% of our managers are women. No matter your background is – we encourage you to apply for this position.
You’ll be great here if:
• Making a positive difference in how people get around by foot, transit, bike or car is your passion
• You enjoy building strong relationships across disciplines, across offices and with our clients
• You know how to get the message across, whether written, verbal or graphically
• You love completing transportation construction documents and seeing your projects get built
• You are detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills
• You deliver high-quality work on time and on-budget
• You are motivated, enjoy working in multi-disciplinary teams, and a self-starter
We’ll offer you:
• The opportunity to design and implement transportation projects that positively and directly affect our communities.
• The potential to grow as an engineer and advance in a company that prefers to promote from within
• Competitive salary and industry-best benefits.
• A workplace that practices what it preaches, with engaged colleagues and financial incentives to bike, walk, and use transit on your commute.
About our Los Angeles office:
Our team is a dynamic mix of planners and engineers who strive to support each other and our communities, not just work together. This is an opportunity to perform work you love alongside a fun group of people in the heart of the most dynamic transportation region in the nation. Southern California is poised to change significantly over the next decade, with transportation improvements at the forefront of its evolution. Whether it’s Metro’s Measure M Capital Expenditure Plan, preparing for the Olympics in 2028, or working on mobility-as-a-service technology, Toole Design is poised to help shape this future. You’ll be joining a rapidly growing team in an exciting market and location.
The Los Angeles Office is located in Downtown LA and opened in 2018. We are walking distance from the Metro Red Line, Metro Bike Share, and dozens of bus lines. Our office director enjoys bicycling or riding the bus in to work and will happily join you on a post-work summit in Elysian Park to take in the Greater Los Angeles environs. You will experience a company culture that is rooted in family, fun, and creative thinking. Strong values, flexibility, and exceptional quality work are just a few of the characteristics we hold in high regard.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate for this position, please click “Apply for this Job” below or visit our careers page http://www.tooledesign.com/company/careers and select the corresponding position. Toole Design Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer (EO/AA/VEV/Disabled employer) and encourages women and minorities to apply. No phone calls, please. For more information about Toole Design Group, visit our website (www.tooledesign.com), follow us on Twitter (@tooledesign), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TooleDesignGroup).
• Engineering in Training (EIT) Certification required; preference given to individuals with a PE
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in civil engineering
• 4-6 years of experience
• A broad knowledge base in civil engineering (transportation focus)
• Proficient in Computer Automated Design and design software
• Preference given to proficiency in MicroStation Geopak and InRoads
• Detailed design experience for intersection and corridor wide improvements, including, but not limited to, meeting minimum ADA and drainage requirements.
• Specific knowledge of horizontal and vertical roadway geometric design (MUTCD and AASHTO)
• Experience developing construction documents and cost estimates.
• Traffic engineering and Signal design experience is advantageous
• Keen interest in multimodal and active transportation design
For more information and to apply, click here. https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/199216