Since 1939, Mortar Board at UCLA has been the premier national honor society on campus that recognizes college seniors for their exemplary scholarship, leadership, and service. With over a quarter of a million members having been initiated at 228 chartered chapters nationwide, our Society continues to provide opportunities for continued leadership development, to promote service to colleges and universities, and to encourage lifelong contributions to the global community. For more information about the national organization, please visit www.mortarboard.org. To learn more about the Agathai Chapter at UCLA, please continue to explore www.mortarboardatucla.org.
Candidates for Mortar Board membership at our UCLA chapter must have the following requirements:
- NOT eligible to apply: Current seniors who will be graduating in Spring 2019, Summer 2019, and Fall 2019
- Must have at least ONE YEAR remaining at UCLA.
- Attained Junior Standing (completion of at least 90 units) as of January 7, 2019
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above recommended
- Exemplary scholarship, leadership and service records
- Commitment to involvement in Mortar Board activities throughout the 2019-2020 academic year
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
Complete this GOOGLE APPLICATION (recommended that you copy and paste from a separate document) by Friday, February 22nd, 2019 at 11:59pm. (No applications accepted after this date)
(OPTIONAL BONUS) STEP 3: Acquire ONE LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION. Your letter may be from anyone – professor, mentor, employer, or anyone else who knows you in a professional setting. The submission deadline is Friday, February 22nd, 2019 at 11:59pm.