Online applications are due by Friday, January 25, 2019. (All engineering disciplines qualify for this internship!)
The goal of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power Student Engineer Program (SEP) is to provide college-level engineering students with practical on-the-job-training and experience, including career mentoring, theoretical and technical instruction, and complete project-related, infrastructure work tasks. Student Engineers are paired with LADWP engineers and work in technical teams throughout the organization.
- At the time of application, the applicant must:
- be enrolled as a full-time student as a declared engineering major in an accredited university or college or have proof of full-time registration of graduate courses in a declared graduate engineering major;
- have at least sophomore standing in the declared engineering major curriculum at the time of application;
- have completed at least one full-time year at accredited universities or colleges.
- Have career goals, curriculum, experience, and/or interests related to the business of the LADWP.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holder), or have the legal right to work permanently in the United States.
- A California Driver License may also be required for the job.
- Background check conducted in accordance with LADWP procedures and/or in accordance with NERC CIP policy requirements.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Student Engineering Program. Interested students shall submit a 2019 online application by Friday, January 25, 2019. Candidates may be notified between February through March regarding possible selection.