BART offers hands on real life experiences to Engineering students interested in the Public Transportation field. BART’s Summer Engineering Internship Program is an opportunity for Engineering students to gain valuable training and experience that will enhance the student’s educational goals and provide them invaluable experience in a dynamic work environment. The interns will partner with highly skilled engineers in planning, design and execution of Engineering projects at various BART facilities. Intern assignments directly contribute to BART’s commitment to excellence in Engineering. Come join us this summer!
This summer internship program is highly competitive and scheduled to run for eight (8) weeks beginning on June 17, 2019 and ending on August 16, 2019. All candidates selected must be able to attend the entire program.
Desired Engineering Majors:
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Systems & Control Engineering
- Fare Collection Engineering
- Candidates will be placed in office and/or field Engineering assignments as needed.
- Interns must either be enrolled in an accredited college or university actively pursuing a Bachelor of Science and/or a Masters in Engineering or have earned their Bachelor of Science and/or a Masters in Engineering.
- Students must be entering at least their final year of college and have completed basic Engineering courses to assist analytical assignments.
- Minimum of a 3.25 GPA
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite required depending on assigned functional area; communication and presentation skills; and working in a team environment.
apply beginning January 22, 2019 via our website,www.bart.gov/jobs