A well-known company in the area is looking for a motivated Engineer Summer Intern with strong communication and leadership skills. The Engineer Intern will serve as a key team member to assist the Engineering Department as needed. Part of this internship requires the ability to perform – sometimes-dull – document sorting and scanning.
Job Responsibilities may include:
· Scan physical documents to produce digital copies for retention of a company’s records.
· Provide engineering support to document new or ongoing plant MOCs (Management of Change).
· Train production, laboratory, maintenance and warehouse personnel on plant procedure updates.
· Work with R&D to conduct a lean six-sigma project under the supervision of the Plant Process Engineer to review the already existing reactor cleaning protocols and minimize the number of reactor cleans.
· Support small capital and technical change projects under supervision of the Plant Engineers. This may include calling vendors/contractors for equipment/job appraisal, construction, commissioning, qualification and start-up.
· Write detailed project scopes to request capital and identify possible hazards.
· Analyze and initiate continuous improvement projects to reduce production cycle times.
· Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies, procedures, and work instructions.
· Current enrollment in BS in Chemical Engineering or related engineering; Computer Science, or Chemistry discipline.
· Computer programing (HTML and SQL) experience desired but not required.
· Ability to use Microsoft office such as Microsoft excel.
· Experience: Junior, senior or recent graduate.
· Any chemical experience working with organic chemicals (amines chemistry or polymers) preferred but not required.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong technical problem solving ability
· Team player