The Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Digital Transformation practice at Stout (http://www.stout.com) is seeking talented data scientists/engineers to fill several part-time/internship positions.
Stout is a global (23 offices worldwide) advisory and consulting firm specializing in Investment Banking, Valuation Advisory, Dispute Consulting, and Management Consulting services. We serve a range of clients, from public corporations to privately held companies in numerous industries throughout the world. Our clients and their advisors rely on our premier expertise, deep industry knowledge, and unparalleled responsiveness on complex matters. You can learn more at stout.com.
We are looking for undergraduate students from the fields of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related areas with a passion for applying machine learning and statistical modeling techniques in large data sets.
The candidate will become a member of a great team of data scientists focused on developing, automating, and improving statistical model performance by working on several real-world problems across different industries.
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- General understanding of principles and theories applied in analyzing large data sets
- Knowledge in one or more related fields, including: Big Data, statistics, machine learning, databases, data integration
- Coursework/practical experience with:
- A variety of machine learning algorithms like clustering, regression, decision trees, etc.
- Probability and statistics such as distributions, statistical testing, sampling, etc.
- OOP programming languages, such as Python, Java or Scala
- Relational (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL) and non-relational (e.g., MongoDB, CounchDB) databases
- Statistical computing tools like R, Matlab, etc.
- Data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI) and libraries (e.g., Matplotlib, plotly)
- Cloud computing (Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services)
- Our Century City office is located at: 10100 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 1050, Los Angeles
- Please send resumes to: (Fotis Konstantinidis – Managing Director, Global Lead of AI & Digital Transformation Practice)