We are an early stage start-up based in Santa Monica that developed a native iOS app for fitness and retail industries. Our mission is to improve health and wellness of local communities through an innovative reward program. We are looking for a part-time Data Science intern to join our team.
The data scientist will be responsible for working closely with researchers and professors from UCLA-Anderson and other universities to design and implement various experiments and tests. This position will also involve applying various data science techniques such as Large Scale Data Mining, Information Retrieval, and Probabilistic Modeling, and experimentation. These skills are required to analyze initial data sets, users’ survey and setting up and executing test plans with university partners.
- Passion for learning and collaboration; good team player
- Coding a huge PLUS (R, Python)
- Experience working with and exploring data
- Great with numbers, tables, charts, trends – everything data.
- Strong skills in the following analytic tools: R, Python, Excel
- Good understanding of high-level product architecture and data flow patterns.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: ability to tell a clear, concise, actionable story with data
- Pursuing a degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field.
- Ability to adapt. An ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to solve a broad range of problems using a wide array of technologies.
- Comfortable with shifting priorities and general growth pains of an early-stage technology company
- Entrepreneurial judgment that fosters independence over micro-management
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver quality results on time
- Detail oriented and organized with superior analytical abilities
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
To apply, contact Gennadiy Kats at email@example.com