The Revolver Life is a digital nomad ecosystem startup that allows users from around the world to conveniently book their Barcelona, Bangkok and Bali travel needs with REVEL, an AI-powered chatbot. Digital nomads can share their fun and unique experiences and be inspired by others in the community while in-destination or with REVEL if you just need someone to talk to.
At The Revolver Life, we want REVEL to tackle complex problems and push the boundaries of tech and travel, globally. How? By using Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) (to understand and reply to ambiguous human messages with empathy, while providing value); Conversational Commerce (to optimize conversions and user behavior); and Machine Learning (by selecting the best hotel, accommodation, transportation, and activities using third party APIs to provide a highly personalized experience for Digital Nomads ).
The Revolver Life’s values are rooted in the risk-taking actions that add value to our users and our team. We believe that growth occurs when people are comfortable with being uncomfortable, so we pride ourselves in exploring new ideas and experiences while questioning the status quo. This is why we are built around trust and psychological safety for each team member to communicate and express one’s desires and disappointment for greater inclusion and commitment to not only the project but to one another.
About the Role
The Revolver Life is seeking a rock-star designer to develop new REVEL behaviors and features that ensure the chatbot is highly responsive to requests from platform users. Additionally, we would like them to integrate mental wellbeing techniques, (e.g. coping and positive thinking skills) to enhance the user experience.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Understands (UX & UI) interaction design for consumer products
- Understanding of IBM Watson Assistant’s Intents, Entities and DialogFlows
- At least 3+ years of undergraduate degree studies in HCI, Interaction Design, or related
- Experience collaborating with software engineers and other development team members
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong abilities in sketching, mocking up, and evaluating interaction design
- Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite, etc.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating both personal and team-based work
As a REVEL designer for The Revolver Life, you will use Design Thinking to apply a broad range of user experience design skills to envision, design, and specify conversational behaviors. You will analyze content domains, create scenarios and use cases, define verbal query patterns, determine interaction flows, create design specifications, and write REVEL responses.
An understanding of or experience with conversational interaction design and its related technologies (natural language understanding, speech recognition, dialog generation, and speech synthesis) is highly desirable. You will also have considerable experience designing for Android mobile devices and services, and are adept at synthesizing requirements, constraints, and multiple points of view to create useful and delightful conversational experiences.
- Programming API integrations
- PYTHON, JAVA, C++, Ruby
- Proven experience designing voice-operated user interfaces or conversational agents
- Expertise in qualitative user research methods and research analysis
- Expertise in creating, conducting, and analyzing usability evaluations
- Interactive prototyping skills
- Technical writing and communications design
- Fluency in one or more non-English languages is an advantage
Position: Conversational Designer
Category: Software Development, Design and Research
Required Education: at least 3+ years towards Bachelor’s Degree
Position Type: Early Professional
Employment Type: Intern – Full-Time
Start Date: After Christmas 2019
Contract Length: minimum 3 – 4 months
Benefits: Included dorm-style housing in a private apartment, food, and paid activities/outings. (Flights not included). OR work remotely
See the attached flyer for more information.