Internship Opportunity for City of Los Angeles Bureau of Engineering: https://eng.lacity.org/summer-internship-program\.
The Summer Internship Program provides Engineering and Architectural students a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with the Bureau of Engineering, which serves as the City’s lead agency for the planning, design and construction management of public buildings, infrastructure, and open space projects. The Bureau of Engineering’s projects are nationally recognized in the areas of environmental sustainability and design. Interns will participate in a variety of assignments to expand learning opportunities, participate in field visits, and make connections with professional engineers and fellow students to assist with a successful transition into a professional career.
Student Architect I-III
$18.61 – $24.48 per hour
Student Engineer I-IV
$18.61 – $34.78 per hour
Pay is based on Academic Standing.
No benefits are provided with these positions.
- At the start of the internship, the applicant must have a sophomore or higher standing at a 4-year college or university, or be a graduate student majoring in either civil engineering, structural engineering, environmental engineering, or
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- The 2019 Summer Internship Program will have two sessions, candidates will select one session to participate in.
Session 1 will begin May 29 and end August 9
Session 2 will begin June 25 and end September 6
- Selected candidates will be paired with an engineer/architect throughout the program and may need to adjust their schedules in accordance with their Supervising Engineer/Architect’s availability.
- Office operation hours are between 6:30 AM – 5:30 PM Monday through Friday. (Preference will be given to interns available to work at minimum, 8-hour shifts, 3 days a week.)
- Candidates will only be allowed a maximum of 9 hrs/day and a maximum of 36 hrs/week.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Summer Internship Program with the City of Los Angeles Bureau of Engineering. Eligible and interested students must fill out and submit the online application by Thursday, February 28, 2019