WM is looking to hire a full-time environmental / civil engineer to assist with the operation and maintenance
of the landfill gas (LFG) collection and control systems at multiple landfills in Southern California. These systems
shall be operated to meet all safety guidelines, regulatory driven compliance standards, and environmentally
sound practices. This LFG is extracted from the waste by applying vacuum to numerous wells, conveying the
gas through pipelines, and burned through control devices. Planning and designing beneficial uses for the LFG
is also desired. The individual will gain experience through field work, design, and project/construction
management. Individual will also get exposure to other environmental / civil engineering tasks such as
stormwater, air emissions, waste water, grading/earthwork, roadwork, synthetics, mechanical equipment
maintenance, groundwater, habitat restoration, hydraulics, composting, food waste resources, recycling, and
many other projects depending on the individual’s skillsets or aptitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other
minor duties may be assigned.
– Uses prescribed methods and performs portions of a broader assignment which requires the application of advanced engineering techniques and procedures in support of an engineering department.
– Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data,
recognizes discrepancies in results and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps
– Reviews data and prepares recommendations,summaries, and cost estimates for consideration by
senior engineers or managers.
– Utilizes basic engineering skill-set to assist more senior engineers.
– Writes technical reports to document engineering analysis and findings.
– Conducts feasibility studies for proposed equipment and systems. May assist senior engineer in
reviewing design and development plans and/or cost estimates for completing the proposed projects
and evaluates engineering proposals and specifications.
– May act as a liaison with customer and vendor representatives to ensure adherence to design
specification and customer requirements.
– Conducts on-site technical visits. Monitors field installation and testing. Reviews and evaluates
operational efficiency of equipment and systems at various facilities.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and
four years of relevant work experience.
Experience: No previous experience required (in addition to education requirement); however, relatable
internships or 1 to 3 years of industry experience is preferable.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements: none required
Note: individual will be working under a license professional engineer (PE) and could apply for their own license
once minimum state requirements are met.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required: none required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
To apply Send Resumes to: Matt Darr .