Undergraduate Research Program
The Undergraduate Research Program is a new initiative from the UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science to develop first-in-class research opportunities that lead to undergraduates who are well-informed about engineering career opportunities in both academic and corporate settings.
UCLA Engineering boasts some of the world’s top researchers working at the forefront of technological innovation. In collaboration with multiple UCLA schools as well as universities around the globe, the UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science is leading initiatives that have the potential to change our world. Examples include:
- Smart Water Technology
- Wireless Health
- High Speed Microelectronics
- Organic displays
- Nano-emulsions for topical delivery of proteins and cancer therapies
- Polymer solar cells
- CO2-based liquid fuels
URP spans the academic year and consists of several workshops and activities.
- Journal Club
- Poster Workshops
- Undergraduate Research Week Poster Day
- Professional Development Workshops and Industry Info-Sessions
- End of Year Awards Reception
- Master various skills, including deciphering technical journal articles and communicating research findings.
- Advising on securing paid research or industry positions.
- Network with industry representatives in an intimate setting.
- Be recognized for you research and receive an official certificate signed by the Dean.
- Qualify for $750 award for Best Poster and/or Best Presentation.
How to Apply
Complete the online application and upload all of the required documents by the EARLY ADMISSIONS deadline at 5 PM on Friday, June 8, 2018.
For more information, read the URP program description.
2017 – 2018 Undergraduate Research Program Scholars
Best Poster Award Winner
Congratulations to Yashes Srinivasan!
Best Presentation Award Winner
Congratulations to Richa Ghosh!
Find out what research is happening in engineering!
Resources on How to Find Research Opportunities
Located in the Engineering Student Resource Center in 6288 Boelter.
Drop-in hours: Thursdays 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Students are encouraged to make appointments to minimize wait time.
For any questions, please contact URP Director, William Herrera at firstname.lastname@example.org.