Undergraduate Internship Program
We support students who are interested in securing internships
- Percentage of 2018 graduating seniors who completed an internship by graduation 64% 64%
The purpose of the Undergraduate Internship Program is to support and facilitate students to search and secure their first industry internship.
The Undergraduate Internship Program (UIP) is a new initiative from the UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science to assist Samueli Engineering students by providing resources, information, and opportunities.
UIP hosts multiple workshops throughout the year to better prepare students in securing an internship, offers a seminar class further breaking down the internship process, co-hosts the ESUC Industry Liaison Committee along with ESUC, and offers organizations the resource to track attendance of their events.
- ENG 23: Finding an Industry Internship Seminar Course
- Events and Workshops
- Consolidated On-Campus Recruitment Calendar
- Job and Internship Postings
- ESUC Industry Liaison Commitee
- Weekly Email Blast
- iPad Reservation System for student organizations’ industry recruitment events
Career Fairs and Other Student-Led Events
- Jan 15th | AIChe LASAN Info Session | 6-8PM | Maxwell Room
- Jan 17th | Student Org Fair | 12-2PM | ENG IV 4th Floor Patio
- Jan 30th | ASCE Career Fair | Jan 30th | 10-2PM | Ackerman Grand Ballroom
- Jan 30th | SWE Evening with Industry | 5-10PM | Carnesale Commons
Other Events (RSVP via Handshake)
- Jan 10th | Job & Internship Search Crash Course | 12-3PM | Strathmore Building, Room 200, 501
- Jan 13th | Career Advising Pop Up: Samueli School of Engineering | 12-2PM | Boelter Hall 6288
- Jan 15th | HIRE UCLA: Job & Internship Fair | 10-3PM | Ackerman Grand Ballroom
- Jan 16th | CIA Information Session | 5:30-6:30PM | UCLA, Conference Room 3rd Floor
- Jan 22nd | Technical Interview Workshop with Microsoft | 5:30-7PM | ENG VI, Mong Auditorium
- Jan 23rd | Exploring Careers in Data Analytics | 6-8PM | James West Alumni Center, Founders Room
- Jan 30th | Internship Meet-Up Series: 1st Year, 1st Internship | 5:30-7PM | Strathmore Building, Room 200, 501
Engineering Society of UCLA (ESUC) Industry Liaison Committee
The Undergraduate Internship Program (UIP) is hosting the ESUC Industry Liaison Committee, a program that provides engineering students with a student centered mechanism to search, solicit, and track internship placements.
The Committee hosts meetings throughout the quarter with multiple UCLA Engineering student organizations to discuss various topics such as: knowing the available campus resources, collecting and tracking attendance data for industry-facing events, and collaborating with other student organizations in an effort to increase membership and reach more UCLA Engineering students.
To learn more about the ESUC Industry Liaison Committee, click on this link.
UIP iPad Reservation System
If you are an Engineering organization that hosts events and would like to reserve an iPad for registration,
Please go to the instruction page to make a reservation.
For any questions, email
ENG 23: Finding an Industry Internship Seminar
ENG 23 is a new course designed to assist undergraduates in securing an internship.
This class is offered Fall, Winter, and Spring.
Take a look at the syllabus:
On-Campus Recruitment Calendar
To view the Engineering Society of UCLA Calendar of Industry Events or information about Career Center event, click here
Internship and Job Postings
Postings sent directly by industry recruiters to UCLA HSSEAS
Career Center Handshake Postings
Internship and job postings by the UCLA Career Center through the Handshake website
Drop-In Peer Advising
Advising @ Engineering Resource Center, Boelter 6288
(SEE FLYER FOR TIMES)
To make an appointment, complete the pre-advising questionnaire.
(click link or scan QR code)
Career Advising at the Career Center
Career Center, Strathmore Building 2nd Floor
Meet with a career center counselor on Tuesdays – Thursdays 10 AM – 2 PM every week, 15 min drop-ins
Schedule a 30 min. one-on-one appointment using Handshake
Engineering Faculty Advising
Here's a link to the Engineering Faculty Advising Resources Page!