Undergraduate Internship Program
Welcome to Spring 2021! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Undergraduate Internship Program’s events and workshops will all be held online. Updates and services will be uploaded on this page and sent in our weekly email.
- Samueli Covid Resources
- UCLA Student Affairs Guidebook
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is open and has transitioned to telehealth service
CAPS Samueli Engineering Satelite hours will continue in a virtual format Spring 2020: details will be announced soon.
- COVID-19 Bruin Resources & Tools
- Remote learning, adjusting to website by the Center for the Advancement of Teaching
- Career Center Virtual Events
- Career Center Virtual Services
- Residential Life has many virtual student events to help build community
- Samueli Engineering’s COVID-19 Information Page for updates including FAQs from the School’s Town Hall
We support students who are interested in securing internships
- Percentage of 2020 graduating seniors who completed an internship by graduation 85% 85%
The purpose of the Undergraduate Internship Program is to support and facilitate students to search and secure their first industry internship.
The Undergraduate Internship Program (UIP) is a new initiative from the UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science to assist Samueli Engineering students by providing resources, information, and opportunities.
UIP hosts multiple workshops throughout the year to better prepare students in securing an internship, offers a seminar class further breaking down the internship process, co-hosts the ESUC Industry Liaison Committee along with ESUC, and offers organizations the resource to track attendance of their events.
- ENG 23: Finding an Industry Internship Seminar Course
- Events and Workshops
- Consolidated On-Campus Recruitment Calendar
- Job and Internship Postings
- ESUC Industry Liaison Commitee
- Weekly Email Blast
- iPad Reservation System for student organizations’ industry recruitment events
We’re hiring peer advisors!
Help your fellow Bruin engineers with their research and internship hunt!
- Must have completed either an industry internship OR research
- Must be familiar with UCLA Engineering resources, services, and departments
- Must have a desire to share experience and resources with other undergraduate students
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently
- Must be able to commit at least 10 hours/week
- Completed both an industry internship and published research
- Passed ENGR 23, 24, or 25
- Experience with event planning
- Knowledge of Canva, HTML, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, and iMovie
- Ability to use DSLR
- Experience with Excel pivot tables
- 10-12 hours/week (Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM)
Check out our job description for more details:
Spring 2021 Events
Career Center and Undergraduate Internship Program Events
- Career Center Pop Up Advising zoom link | 4/5 12-2 PM
Student Org Career Fairs and Events
Engineering Society of UCLA (ESUC) Industry Liaison Committee
The Undergraduate Internship Program (UIP) is hosting the ESUC Industry Liaison Committee, a program that provides engineering students with a student centered mechanism to search, solicit, and track internship placements.
The Committee hosts meetings throughout the quarter with multiple UCLA Engineering student organizations to discuss various topics such as: knowing the available campus resources, collecting and tracking attendance data for industry-facing events, and collaborating with other student organizations in an effort to increase membership and reach more UCLA Engineering students.
To learn more about the ESUC Industry Liaison Committee, click on this link.
Winter 2021 ESUC Meetings
January 12 | 6-7:30 PM PST
January 26 | 6-7:30 PM PST
February 16 | 6-7:30 PM PST
UIP Event Reservation System
If you are an Engineering organization that hosts events and would like to use our system for attendee registration,
Please go to the instruction page to register.
For any questions, email
ENGR 23: Finding an Industry Internship Seminar
ENGR 23 is a new course designed to assist undergraduates in securing an internship.
This class is offered Fall, Winter, and Spring.
Take a look at the syllabus:
On-Campus Recruitment Calendar
To view the Engineering Society of UCLA Calendar of Industry Events or information about Career Center event, click here
Internship and Job Postings
Postings sent directly by industry recruiters to UCLA HSSEAS
Career Center Handshake Postings
Internship and job postings by the UCLA Career Center through the Handshake website
Career Advising at the Career Center
Virtual Drop-In Sessions
Visit the Career Center virtual drop-in room for resume/cover letter reviews, and job and internship questions.
Virtual One-on-One Career Advising Consultations
Schedule a full 30-minute advising session through Handshake. A full consultation is a great way to:
- Clarify your career preferences
- Explore career options
- Target and optimize your job search
- Prepare application materials
- Investigate employment and graduate school opportunities
Weekday appointments can be booked up to three weeks in advance.
Engineering Faculty Advising
Here's a link to the Engineering Faculty Advising Resources Page!
We are now on YouTube!
Clips of our workshops, panels, and other series will be uploaded on our YouTube channel. Students have the opportunity to gain valuable information on industry internships and jobs by watching short clips!