Undergraduate Internship Program
Welcome to Fall 2021! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Undergraduate Internship Program’s events and workshops will be held in a hybrid format. Expand this tab for more COVID-19 resources.
- Samueli Covid Resources
- UCLA Student Affairs Guidebook
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is open and has transitioned to telehealth service
CAPS Samueli Engineering Satelite hours will continue in a virtual format Fall 2021: details will be announced soon.
- COVID-19 Bruin Resources & Tools
- Remote learning, adjusting to website by the Center for the Advancement of Teaching
- Career Center Virtual Events
- Career Center Virtual Services
- Residential Life has many virtual student events to help build community
- Samueli Engineering’s COVID-19 Information Page for updates including FAQs from the School’s Town Hall
We support students who are interested in securing internships
- Percentage of 2020 graduating seniors who completed an internship by graduation 85% 85%
The purpose of the Undergraduate Internship Program is to support and facilitate students to search and secure their first industry internship.
The Undergraduate Internship Program (UIP) is a new initiative from the UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science to assist Samueli Engineering students by providing resources, information, and opportunities.
UIP hosts multiple workshops throughout the year to better prepare students in securing an internship, offers a seminar class further breaking down the internship process, co-hosts the ESUC Industry Liaison Committee along with ESUC, and offers organizations the resource to track attendance of their events.
Get to know this year’s team of peer advisors here!
- ENG 23: Finding an Industry Internship Seminar Course
- Events and Workshops
- Consolidated On-Campus Recruitment Calendar
- Job and Internship Postings
- ESUC Industry Liaison Committee
- Weekly Email Blast
- iPad Reservation System for student organizations’ industry recruitment events
Engineering Society of UCLA (ESUC) Industry Liaison Committee
UIP hosts the ESUC Industry Liaison Committee as a student-centered mechanism to search, solicit, and track internship placements. To learn more, click on this link.
Winter 2021 ESUC Meetings:
January 12 | 6-7:30 PM PST
January 26 | 6-7:30 PM PST
February 16 | 6-7:30 PM PST
UIP Event Reservation System
If you are an Engineering organization that hosts events and would like to use our system for attendee registration, please go to the instruction page to register.
For any questions, email
ENGR 23: Finding an Industry Internship Seminar
ENGR 23 is a new course designed to assist undergraduates in securing an internship, offered Fall, Winter, and Spring.
Take a look at the Winter 2021 ENGR 23 Syllabus.
Career Advising at the Career Center
Virtual Drop-In Sessions
Visit the Career Center virtual drop-in room for resume/cover letter reviews, and job and internship questions.
Virtual One-on-One Career Advising Consultations
Schedule a full 30-minute advising session through Handshake. A full consultation is a great way to:
- Clarify your career preferences
- Explore career options
- Target and optimize your job search
- Prepare application materials
- Investigate employment and graduate school opportunities
Weekday appointments can be booked up to three weeks in advance.
Engineering Faculty Advising
Here's a link to the Engineering Faculty Advising Resources Page!