The following explains the process needed to complete online/email advisement. Also included are the necessary steps needed to expedite advisement and grant official credit . Please click on the following that applies to you as a student:
– NOTE: Online advisement will be available beginning 07/13/2015. Do not attempt to complete online advisement before this date.
– Once it is available on 07/13/2015, complete our Online Registration and Quiz:
- Log in to https://ccle.ucla.edu/ with your UCLA ID and Password
- Take the Online Advisement Reading Quiz. Click “Enroll me in this Course” to get started. The links containing the necessary information to complete the quiz are included before and during the quiz. Once completed please click the “submit all and finish button”. YOU MUST PASS THIS QUIZ before continuing to the course selection of the advising process.
- Complete the New Student Advising Survey. This will let you update courses and exams taken since you applied to UCLA. Click on “submit questionnaire” button when complete.
– You will receive an email advisement response within two to three weeks of completing our online registration and quiz. This response will include tentative credit granted by any college coursework submitted and/or advanced placement exam taken and your enrollment date for Fall 2014. During those two to three weeks (earlier if possible) it is advisable that you complete the following steps to expedite advisement and grant credit from any advanced placement exam or college course taken.
-Review www.assist.org for possible credit taken at any California community college
-Submit course evaluations for any possible Computer Science or Engineering course credit taken at any four year university or community college (only if credit has not been granted via www.assist.org ) . You will need to provide course descriptions and syllabi to make a proper and accurate evaluation of credit. Please visit the following link to print out a course evaluation form, /undergraduates/summer-session-and-transfer-course-equivalence#transfer .
-Once you arrive to the UCLA campus, submit syllabi for any Math, Physics, Life Science or Chemistry course directly to each respective department for evaluation (only if credit is not determined via www.assist.org ). You will need to provide course descriptions and syllabi to make a proper and accurate evaluation of credit.
*Math – go to 6356 Mathematical Sciences Building
*Physics – go to 1-707A Physics and Astronomy Building
*Chemistry – go to 4006 Young Hall
*Life Science – go to 2305 Life Sciences Building
-Submit any Advanced Placement scores to our admissions office (1147 Murphy Hall, Box 951436, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1436) to have UCLA course and unit credit granted.