The UCLA Samueli School of Engineering is looking for a multi-faceted Graphic Designer to join our team this summer. The designer will support the Communications team through the creative process by crafting high quality content and producing a wide range of deliverables.
Under the supervision of UCLA Samueli Communications staff, the Graphic Designer will provide creative assets, content and digital community support for the engineering school. In this role you will be responsible for raising the creative bar on print, social, and digital content. This role will work with the communications team on a variety of projects, including designing emails / publications, developing publicity campaigns and helping maintain our website.
- Design marketing materials, content and campaigns in a variety of formats.
- Execute the proper production of media content and social engagement.
- Update and maintain our current website.
- Work on rolling and ad hoc projects as directed.
- Demonstrate positive relationships and professionalism.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of web and graphic design.
- Basic knowledge of creative software, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere).
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Must be able to work well under the regular pressure of content delivery deadlines, and make sound judgments while handling multiple tasks.
- Skill in working independently with minimal supervision and following through on assignments.
- Work a minimum of 10 hours per week.