Computer Engineering Major – new major Fall 2017
The UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science is offering a new undergraduate major – Computer Engineering effective Fall 2017.
It is jointly administered by the Computer Science Department and by the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department (formerly the Electrical Engineering Department).
- Comparison – how does computer engineering compare to computer science, computer science and engineering and the electrical engineering major with the computer engineering track?
– Faculty overview
– Course comparison
- Change of Major – how do I apply ?
– criteria to be considered for change of major to computer engineering
– application process
– If approved a change of major to Computer Engineering, will ENGR 96C, and COM SCI 1 or EC ENGR 1 still be required? Yes.
– If approved a change of major to Computer Engineering, can a student substitute Physics 4BL for ENGR 96C? No.
- Courses – what courses are required for the major?
– computer engineering 4 year sample plan (2017-2018 catalog)
– computer engineering 2017-2018 course planning worksheet
– CE flowchart
- Effective W18, EC ENGR replaces EL ENGR (e.g. the course EL ENGR 1 will become EC ENGR 1) due to the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department name change.